Monday, June 14, 2010

A blog about hate for the Garden State

Three years ago I moved to New Jersey for a new job. Until now, I have spent my entire life in Virginia and North Carolina. Upon arriving in Jersey, I immediately felt like a stranger in a foreign land and after 3 years I still find the strange ways of the Garden State unnerving on a daily basis.

What follows are my observations on life in what I consider the most backwards state in America. Before you unleash a mortar barrage of hate mail because you don't agree with my point of view, keep several things in mind.

These are my personal observations at some of the funnier/more ludicrous things about New Jersey. I don't hold any animosity towards the people living here and I genuinely believe that they do love this place. I simply don't.

Before you call me a hick or a redneck, remember, I lived in the south for 24 years, I've heard it all. If you really feel the need to list all the things that are terrible about life in the south, (funny accents, the racism and the ignorant people) go ahead, I've heard all that too. The South is far from perfect. Just as an aside, I've experienced all of those things here too.

Finally, If you just can't keep from emailing me to say, "If you hate it so much, then leave," fear not my friend, I plan on heeding your advice as soon as possible. For now, I'm here and I'll keep laughing at this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment